- This event has passed.
*[POSTPONED]* SCOTTISH COUNTRY DANCING HOGMANAY
Wednesday December 29, 2021 at 18:00 to Saturday January 1, 2022 at 09:00
We are sorry, we have decided to postpone this year’s course until next year. In the light of the PM’s announcement 12/12/21 about the impending Omicron wave and the need to prioritise services for booster jabs, we feel a duty to protect our respective health services. Other reasons for our decision include:
- We do not wish to compromise the health of anyone.
- The nature of this particular course activity involves the likelihood of closer contact than on normal courses.
- Despite asking everyone to take lateral flow tests before they come, when Christmas mixing will have only taken place a few days before, there would be a heightened risk of transmission.
- We needed to make a decision before orders were made for our suppliers.
- Higham would have been closed anyway from Sunday 19th until just before the course, so better to decide in good time.
- The data suggests that things will get worse before they get better, and anticipating how things will be in two weeks’ time is difficult.
- There is on-going uncertainty in England, Scotland and Wales as to any additional restrictions.
Therefore, it is with great reluctance, having considered the risks carefully and having consulted with the Tutors, that we are postponing this year’s course until next year.
We look forward to running this course next year in more certain times.
We will be in touch with everyone booked on the course and refunds will be offered or fees can be retained for Dec 2022.
Due to demand, after careful consideration, it has been decided that the fairest thing, in normal times, is for those left on the waiting list of any HOGMANAY course (who have not managed to gain a place for that year) to be offered priority for the course the following year. So some people may only end up attending every other year, but it will mean, at least, that everybody who wants to do the course, gets a chance to come once every couple of years. Thank you for your understanding.
Bring in New Year alongside fellow Scottish Country Dancers who have at least three years’ SCD experience and a good working knowledge of traditional steps and formations. Enjoy morning classes to improve technique, afternoon sessions (optional) and evening social dances, culminating in a Hogmanay Dinner and Ball.
Mervyn Short and Jane Meikle with musician George Meikle
Residential: £330 Non-residential: £240