Annette McGrath – (Geology)email@example.com
- Dr Annette McGrath – BSc Hons, ARSM, MSc, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @AnnetteMcGrath7
- Associate Lecturer and Programme Leader for the Postgraduate Diploma in ‘The Geology of Northern England’
- Trained geologist: BSc, MSc, PhD and former Postdoctoral Research Associate for the Integrated Ocean Drilling Programme (IODP: https://www.iodp.org/) at the School of Geography, Geology and the Environment at the University of Leicester: https://le.ac.uk/geology
- Currently a lecturer for the University of York, who has set-up and is now running the Postgraduate Diploma in ‘The Geology of Northern England (https://www.york.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-taught/courses/pgdip-geology-northern/) a distance learning programme that is run entirely online, with two residential week courses at the beginning of each year.
- Annette has lectured to and led field trips for both undergraduate and postgraduate students at the Universities of Leicester, Derby and York, and
- Has conducted personal research and fieldwork in this country and abroad.
- Annette has published several geological walk booklets, books and papers for the British Geological Survey (BGS: https://www.bgs.ac.uk) on the geological, industrial and cultural heritage of Leicestershire.
- Annette has also published several scientific papers and reports for peer-reviewed journals: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Annette_Mcgrath3
- All of Annette’s courses utilise museum-grade geological specimens, petrological microscopes, thin sections and geological maps, and a wide-range of geological textbooks are always on hand for students to consult.
We are very proud to say that Annette’s courses at Higham have now been endorsed by the prestigious Geological Society (www.geolsoc.org.uk/endorsed-training-courses). This is a significant achievement to have such a body recognising the integrity and value of what we are offering. As ever, it is due to the high standard of Tutor that we have been able to achieve this honour. This also reflects our commitment as a serious provider of true lifelong learning.
For those of you developing a really serious interest in Geology, Annette runs a Postgraduate Diploma at the University of York, part of the Centre for Lifelong Learning. If interested you can contact her.
Annette’s Higham courses are an ideal first step towards formal academic study of this wonderful subject area. We are continuing to develop Geology courses with Annette’s expertise to satisfy both those who already know something and those new to the subject.
- There were no results found.