Annette McGrath – (Geology)
- Trained geologist (BSc, MSc and PhD)
- currently a lecturer for the University of York, setting up and running a new postgraduate distance learning course on ‘The Geology of Yorkshire and Northern England‘
- Has lectured to both undergraduates and postgraduates for Universities of Leicester and Derby
- All of Annette’s courses utilise museum-grade geological specimens, petrological microscopes, thin sections and geological maps, many of which are kindly loaned by the Department of Geology at the University of Leicester http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/geology
- Has conducted fieldwork in this country and abroad
- Published several geological walk booklets and books on geological, industrial and cultural heritage
With Annette’s expertise, Higham (itself in one of the major world areas of geological interest) now offers a range of Geology-based courses, some involving getting outside, but some staying indoors.
We are very proud to say that Annette’s courses at Higham have now been endorsed by the prestigious Geological Society. This is a significant achievement to have such a body recognising the integrity and value of what we are offering. As ever, it is due to the high standard of Tutor that we have been able to achieve this honour. This also reflects our commitment as a serious provider of true lifelong learning.
For those of you developing a really serious interest in Geology, Annette runs a Postgraduate Diploma at the University of York, part of the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
Annette’s Higham courses are an ideal first step towards formal academic study of this wonderful subject area. We are continuing to develop Geology courses with Annette’s expertise to satisfy both those who already know something and those new to the subject.
- There were no results found.