Pippa Sheather (Silk Painting)
- silk painting artist from North Cumbria
- qualified teacher in adult education.
- has done workshops with the Cumberland Embroiderers’ Guild
- Supportive and gentle way of teaching to beginners and improvers.
- Patient and informative approach to teaching the fundamentals.
Pippa herself says:
“My workshops are a great way, for beginners to learn the basics of silk painting, or for those who have painted before, to learn some new techniques.
I have a good selection of resources, all used to support learning. I give short demonstrations, to create clear instructions as i lead individuals through the process of silk painting. After a practice, individuals choose their own silk to paint, either a scarf, cushion cover, wall art and more… Taking home their own hand painted silk. Throughout the workshop I support individuals to explore and develop their own styles.
“As an artist, my sense of connection to the countryside and fascination I have for the ever-changing landscape, is where I find constant inspiration. Bringing nature’s colours, textures and patterns into my artwork, has always been an exciting challenge, with many happy hours spent painting.” PS
Popular adaptations of Silk Painting include hangings, pictures, cushions, scarves etc.
- There were no results found.